Location: #OccupyPortland Community Sukkah
Present: Sarah, Rivkah, Angie, Catherine, Miryam, Joey, Donna
The meeting began with a havdalah service led by Rivkah and Miryam.
1. Ideas for services and events
- Open forum: Interfaith study on nonviolence and peace (library classroom?)
- Scheduled services -- variety is a must -- Saturday morning and/or Sunday afternoon
- Candlelight vigil and chanting procession through the #OccupyPortland camps
2. Chaplain services on-site
- To provide listening ears.
- Fliers to be made.
- Set up a post at the Sukkah (a quiet area.)
- Armband/identifier: Due to the overproliferation of armbands something more distinct could be more desirable to avoid confusion with other groups/teams/committees. Color code: yellow and blue. Explore various options such as nametags.
3. Other outreach and housekeeping stuff
- The Bridge PDX "food church", 6 NE Tillamook Street at Williams Avenue, Sundays 1:30 p.m.- (leftovers will be brought over to #OccupyPortland).