|Image by Getty Images via @daylife|
The #OccupyPortland Interfaith Guild of Chaplains
serving all #Occupy movements in the greater Portland/Vancouver metro region
And we are still looking for a place or places to host the #OccupyChristmasPDX. This will be much like the successful #OccupyThanksgivingPDX last month, except that it is all day long and is hoped to be indoors (due to obvious weather-related reasons) instead. If anyone who has a garage or similar kind of structure in the back of their house, that might work very well. Also, we are considering a possibility of instead pitching tents on a parking lot, a backyard or a farm, as it is highly unlikely that the city would be enforcing any building code on Christmas holiday. Time is of essence now, and we also invite Occupiers from various committees, affinity groups and caucuses to join us in making this event happen. We believe that this is an important justice matter for some of our fellow Occupiers who live outside and/or without family, as there is virtually nothing open on Christmas Day and they should not be left outside with nothing to eat or nothing to do. In this supposedly the richest country on earth, celebrating Christmas should not be a privilege.
I may be contacted online at http://iriscat.weebly.com/contact-sarah.html or on Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, and Diaspora.
The City Hall 24/7 Occupy Prayer Vigil needs you!
The IGC now officially endorses the around-the-clock prayer vigil in front of the Portland City Hall for the repeal of the anti-camping ordinance. As this vigil has entered its third week, it needs more people to get involved. Use the online scheduler at http://cityhalloccupyvigil.wikispaces.com.
- The vigil Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/150126691758500/
- The vigil Twitter: http://twitter.com/OccuPdx4_PV
- Winter Solstice Peace-In (1): Wednesday, Dec. 21, 9-9:30 p.m. in front of the City Hall
- Winter Solstice Peace-In (2): Thursday, Dec. 22, 5-5:30 p.m. at Director Park
- #OccupyChristmasPDX: Sunday, Dec. 25
- No weekly planning meetings on Thursday, Dec. 22 and 29. Regular meetings resume on Thursday, Jan. 5.